Enrichments & Aftercare
Diamond Hill Montessori has enrichment opportunities included in the morning work cycle, between the morning and afternoon sessions, and after school offerings as well.
In-Class Specials take place within our morning work cycle, and are included in instruction
- Fine Arts – An introduction to the fundamentals of art; composition, shape, perspective, drawing, line, color theory and brushwork through different mediums. Through demonstration and encouragement, children are given skill sets and techniques to further their artistic voice and create confidence.
- Foreign Language – Our Spanish program allows children to engage in conversation, obtain and provide simple information about themselves, recognize and recall vocabulary words, and express feelings and emotions in another language.
- Music and Movement – Weaving in activities like singing, dancing, reading, and counting, the Movers and Shakers Music Program explores sound, rhythm, melody, and books to support early childhood learning concepts and children's creative development.
- Yoga – The Sunshine Yoga Program is designed for kids to move, breathe and have fun. Within these classes, children will learn yoga poses, develop tools to cope with their emotions and will leave early class feeling great about being who they are.
Mid-Afternoon Enrichments are offered after morning dismissal during our rest period
- Little Actors Studio – Students channel their inner creativity and self-expression through theatrical, fun-filled activities like storytelling, role playing, pantomime, scripted work, monologues, and more, culminating in a final Sharing Celebration.
- Mandarin – *new in 2023/24* Learn the most spoken language in the world through lessons designed to engage our young students through fun and creative activities.
Afterschool Enrichments take place immediately after our afternoon session is complete at 3pm
- Cooking – Our young chefs will enjoy experimentation and exploration in a kitchen setting, while also learning about the nutrition information that each food provides.
- S.T.E.A.M. – Through discovery-based learning, children will carry out experiments, engage in team activities, and inspire future innovators.
- Decorative Arts – Children will work with different art mediums such as clay projects, hand building techniques, glazing, charcoal, soft pastel drawings, and acrylic painting on canvases.
*New in 2023/24* Now offering a structured Extended Care program from 3-6 pm available.